- Summary in four Lines
- Follow your passion is not good advise. Instead, focus on what you love to do. Follow your passion says there is a dream job that you are waiting for and once you got it. You’ll become an expert in that field. But, to become an expert in any field. You have to spend 10,000 hours.
The Key Points:
- If you want a great job. You should build career capital. Career capital is a set of rare and valuable skill you need in your field.
- Elements that make a great job different from an ordinary job are creativity, control, and impact.
- Craftsman mindset vs Passion mindset. Craftsman mindset focuses on what you can offer to the world, what values you are producing in your job. It also offers clarity. While the passion mindset focuses on what the world can offer you. It also makes you aware you what you don’t like. Thus, drag you away from the job you don’t like. Therefore, you will not become an expert. Because to become master. You have to face difficulty and obstacle in that field. Passion mindset also offers an ambiguous and unanswered question.
- Factor require to feel motivated are autonomy, competence, relatedness. Autonomy is the feeling that you feel control over your day. Competence is the feeling, that you are good in the field you are working. Relatedness is the feelings of connections to the other folks.
- To become master in the field. You have to spend 10,000 hours. But, it also depends on how you spend your time.
- Spend your time in what is important. Instead of, what is immediate.
- Restrict hour for the task that doesn’t give value to your life.
- At the beginning of each week. Decide how much time you spend on a particular task. And then track your time for the entire week.
- The job is a way to pay bills. But, a career is a path to make your life better.
- The key to happiness is first to figure out what you love to do. And then find the career that matches the work you love.
- If you want something rare and valuable then you need to give something rare and valuable.
- The happiest person is not those who follow their passion. But, the one who work long enough to become master.
You may also like these articles.
Rahul is a WordPress writer and the founder of Rystandard.com. A blog to encourage you to make changes for the better. If you would like to connect, follow me on Facebook and Twitter.