- Not all the task are created equal value. Some of them contribute more values to your life than the other. Analysing high-value tasks from to do list can change your focus from low value to high-value task. Through this, you will accomplish more in the same amount of time.
- Decide your three vital task of the day. In the beginning, mental visualize yourself to the end of the day and ask “What three thing you want to accomplish?”
- Tracking your time for the entire week help you to figure out biological prime time. Biological prime time is the time when you have more energy and focus. Because energy fluctuates throughout the day. Identifying your prime time and use it wisely can also increase your productivity. In this book: The productivity project, Author prime time is 10:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. and 5:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. Coincidently it was the same for me. And I hope it was the same for you.
- If you’re thinking to do an important task or to watch a movie. So, this back and forth happen because of two-part of the brain. Two-part exist in the brain, called Limbic system, and prefrontal cortex. Limbic system of a brain is emotional and take the decision on the basis of emotion. While prefrontal cortex responsible for taking a logical decision. You can increase the strength of prefrontal cortex. So that, it helps you to take a logical decision and increase your productivity. Most productivity people use prefrontal cortex than limbic brain.
- “This back-and-forth is the result of two parts of your brain your limbic system and prefrontal cortex going to war with each other. Your limbic system is the emotional, instinctual part of your brain that includes, among other things, your pleasure center. Evolutionarily speaking, the limbic is an old part of your brain like an animal, it is what makes you instinctual and pushes you to give in to emotions and temptations. Your prefrontal cortex is the logical part of your brain that’s fighting to get you to do your taxes. It is responsible for, among other things, logic, reason, and keeping your longer-term goals in mind.”
- The Internet is candy for the limbic brain. Due to this, we procrastinate and on the other side, it decreases our productivity. To concentrate on a vital task. Disconnect yourself from the internet and disable all the notification that distract you. Because each time you distract your mind takes twenty-five minutes to get back to focus.
- Reducing your working hours. When you limit your working hours three things happen. You set an artificial deadline. You create urgency. You will start flipping procrastinating figure.
- Schedule a maintenance day once a week or in a month. On this day, you can do all your low-level task(chore work) that don’t add value to life but still matter. You can create a maintenance list so that you don’t forget any one of them. But do not indulge you maintenance task with biological prime time.
- Removing your unimportant task is also a vital part of productivity. No matter how much productive you become. But, you can’t do all the activity of the day. And I also recommend you, not to do an unimportant task. Instead, hire someone who helps you.
- It is not the good idea to store everything in your brain. Your brain is not for storing ideas. It’s for creating ideas. Create a list that helps you to remove stress from the mind. Worry list: Make a worry list for everything you worried and review that list once in a day. If you worried in a daytime remind you had separate an hour for worry. Waiting list: A list of everything you were waiting.
- You will experience central executive mode when you concentrate on something. While the wondering mode is experienced when you relaxed or taking a shower. If your mind will stay at central executive mode. It is not good for you likewise wondering mode is also not good. But, to become productive. You will balance this mode. Take a notepad and pen and go to a place where no one distracts you. Now allow your mind to go where he wants to go. Through, this process your mind will pop up with incredible ideas, start writing it down and implement it.
- “According to research, our mind seesaws between two modes throughout the day: a wandering mode, which we experience when we are taking a shower, and a central executive mode, which we experience when we are on our smartphones or focused intently on something.”
- Pomodoro technique assists you to increase intentional muscles. Do a specific task for twenty-five minutes and then take five minutes break. And after taking four sessions take fifteen minutes break. Through this, you will able to do more work in the same amount of time and make your intentional muscles more strong.
- “Work on Pomodoro Time: The Pomodoro Technique, developed by Francesco Cirillo in the 1980s, is a simple time management technique that’s also very powerful. With the technique, you work on only one task for twenty-five minutes, and then take a five-minute break. After four periods of working for twenty-five minutes, you take a longer break of fifteen minutes or more.”
- Meditation helps you to build your intentional muscle stronger. And even remembering your long-term goals. When you meditate, the limbic system goes fight with the prefrontal cortex. But, every time you drag your focus to breath. Your intentional muscles get stronger.
- Exercising, sleeping, and alcohol also affects your productivity.
You may also like these articles
Rahul is a WordPress writer and the founder of Rystandard.com. A blog to encourage you to make changes for the better. If you would like to connect, follow me on Facebook and Twitter.